Before taking any medication, you should compare the potential benefits and risks that may occur during its administration.
In the case of sildenafil tablets, side effects can be pre-evaluated by several indicators.
- Possible allergies. Tell the doctor if you have any allergic reactions. For example, you can have an allergy to food, plant pollen, any animal, preservatives or dyes. If you have previously taken this or some other drug and have an allergy to it, – be sure to tell the doctor.
- Age restrictions. So far, no study has revealed any specific problems related to using Sildenafil by older people. However, it must be considered that elderly persons often have various liver, kidney or heart diseases. They may require precautions and dose adjustments. Sildenafil is never used to treat erectile dysfunction in children. In the case of treatment of arterial hypertension, it is used with great care.
- Use during pregnancy and breastfeeding. No large-scale studies of side effects of Sildenafil have been conducted in these categories (in the treatment of arterial hypertension). Therefore, you need a mandatory consultation with the attending physician.
- Interaction with other drugs. To date, 311 drugs have been identified that interact with Sildenafil. 35 are considered serious, 272 are moderate, and 4 are secondary.
- Other interactions. Doctors recommend that you do not abuse alcohol while taking Sildenafil and limit the juices of grapefruit and pomelo.
Check out the full list of Sildenafil’s side effects and the medical problems encountered when using it.
First, a person may become mentally dependent if Sildenafil is taken for a long time. Also, the prolonged use of the drug can cause various problems connected to:
- hearing and sight;
- cardiac activity and vascular system;
- gastrointestinal and genitourinary tract.
Side effects of sildenafil citrate are the same for the drug with doses of 25 mg, 50 mg and 100 mg.
However, Sildenafil citrate 100mg side effects:
- are more frequent and more severe;
- last longer.
Taking Sildenafil Sandoz, like any other medication containing Sildenafil Citrate as an active ingredient, can cause side effects, which are listed below.
The most common side effects of Sildenafil include:
- pain in the bladder;
- burning in the chest or stomach;
- nasal congestion;
- urine is blurry or with blood;
- back or muscle pain;
- frequent, sometimes painful urination;
- abdominal pain.
In a study that examined the influence of Sildenafil on blood pressure published in the National Library of Medicine, it is said that there was no hypertension Sildenafil recorded. On the contrary, Sildenafil caused a moderate decrease in blood pressure. The study suggests that if used according to the instructions and recommendations, it is safe for young and older adults with or without hypertension.
For those concerned that taking Sildenafil may lead to a pressure surge, it should be recalled that this medication is used to treat pulmonary hypertension (high blood pressure in the blood vessels supplying the lungs). So it doesn’t increase the pressure; most often, it lowers it a little.
The study confirmed that Sildenafil causes a moderate decrease in blood pressure.
Decreases in pressure when taking the drug for the treatment of erection dysfunction are usually observed within 30-60 minutes. When the drug (in other doses and drug forms) is used to fight pulmonary arterial hypertension, the drug’s effect lasts longer – from one to two hours.
Sildenafil Citrate, an active ingredient used in Viagra or its generics, has a shelf life of 2 years.
Is it safe to take expired Sildenafil? Any medication should not be taken if it has expired. In the case of Sildenafil, the results may be as follows:
- it will not have the expected effect;
- decaying chemicals can harm your body’s tissues and functions. For example, it leads to vision problems, itching, etc.
Most side effects of Sildenafil either occur on their own within a few hours after taking the dose or can be alleviated by simple actions.
For example, headaches and dizziness can often be dealt with by lying down and relaxing. The response to bright light can be eliminated by dimming the lighting in the room.
If after taking the drug you experience indigestion, try to take the drug after a light snack. Refusal of combining alcohol with Sildenafil will also help avoid side effects.
If you cannot cope on your own, ask the doctor to prescribe medication for your headache, stomach upset or other possible side effects.
Also, remember that some side effects occur more often at higher doses of Sildenafil. So if they are a problem for you, consult your doctor about reducing the dose.
Like any potent drug, Sildenafil has several possible side effects.
To reduce their negative impact, you need to know exactly:
- what unpleasant sensations Sildenafil can give, and which arise for other reasons;
- what actions can be taken to ease the drug’s side effects.